The house of “Mariannina” (The Sunflowers)
Located in the most ancient part of the village and close to the sighting tower (currently being restored), it is a classic example of rural house from 1600, with a wine cellar adjacent to the entrance, and an external stairway to enter this building which spans many levels.
The restoration of this building preserved the original layout, with its steep stairs, the typical small cupboards embedded in the thick walls flanking the old fireplace, the small windows surrounding the stone seats, the toilet leaning on the “rua” (the small lane where sewage was disposed of).
All these details recall the fascination of past times, without sacrificing today’s comforts.
This post is also available in: Italian